- Name of the Office: Trademarks Office of the Principality of Andorra (OMPA)
- Address: Edifici Administratiu del Prat del Rull, Camí de la Grau s/n, AD 500 Andorra La Vella
- Phone number: (376) 875 600
The Trademark Office applies the current version of the Nice Classification, you can find acceptable goods and services in this link.
Our professional trademark attorney in Andorra will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
4. Buy an .ad domain. Owning a trademark in class 42 is required if you wish to register a domain in Andorra. This is the main reason why the trademarks are registered in class 42. We offer a package "prior search+trademark registration+domain" for US$899.
Andorra is a member of WIPO since 1994. However, Andorra is not a member of the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol. Therefore, Andorra doesn’t participate in the international trademark registration system (Madrid System). 190 trademark applications filed by residents, 860 are filed by foreign applicants, and 1.280 are filed abroad by the residents. You can access additional information regarding IP statistics in Andorra here.
Andorra trademark registration: Requirements
A trademark in Andorra is required to register a domain name. A minimum of three (3) digits is needed in order to get a domain name .ad.
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process. Multiple-class applications are possible. Natural persons or legal entities, including entities under public law, may own a trademark in Andorra. A trademark may be jointly owned.
What is registrable as a trademark?
- figurative signs such as designs, logos, seals, the shape or packaging of the product; colour combinations or shades;
- words, including personal names, letters, acronyms, and numerals;
- or any combination of the above-mentioned signs.
What will be required to file your brand in Andorra?
- Type of the applicant: individual or a company.
- Complete name of the owner.
- Full address of the owner.
- Phone number - to contact you in case if any action is required.
- Mailing address - to forward you the certificate once the trademark is registered.
- List of goods/services.
- Class or classes.
- Trademark itself.
- Power of attorney (non-legalised).
Trademark registration: Procedure
A straightforward trademark registration process takes 1 month. Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days, after receiving the required details and documents.
The application process includes a formal examination and an examination of distinctiveness. Afterwards, a certificate is issued and the registration is published electronically. Every 3 months, the OMPA publishes the “Gaseta” (DVD-ROM format).
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years from date of application. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years. The trademark must be used actually in Andorra. If the trademark has not been used for 5 years, it may be subject to cancellation, but only on the request of a third interested party.
Free Registered Trademark Search in Andorra
Available online, you can request a free trademark search online on our website.
Trademark Database which contains registered and filed trademarks in Andorra. However, we recommend ordering a trademark study as this will allow you to check the probability of registration of your trademark in Andorra, calculated by an experienced attorney.
Trademark Application Fees
The official fees for filing a trademark application are EUR 160,49 for up to three classes and EUR 24.10 for each additional class.
Trademark Registration Fees
Our fees (24th of November, 2017):
- Trademark Search in one class (wordmark or logo): 79 USD
- Additional class: 79 USD
- Trademark Search in one class (wordmark + logo): 149 USD
- Additional class: 149 USD
- Trademark Registration Request in one class: 699 USD
- Additional class: 139 USD
Our fees include the official fees and the legal fees.
Once the trademark is registered, the owner’s name and address can be changed (as long as ownership is not transferred).
Reproduction of the trademark cannot be changed. Modification of the trademark can only be obtained by registering a new trademark.
The list of goods/services can be expanded through a new registration.
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date. The trademark can be renewed for periods of 10 years
Our prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following services in Andorra:
- Trademark Search (wordmark only)
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Andorra
- Trademark assignment (in case you decide to sell your domain)
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.