Official Trademark Office in Argentina
- Name of Office: National Institute of Industrial Property of Republic of Argentina
- Address: Av. Paseo Colón 717, CP (C1063ACH), CABA, Argentina
- Phone number: (+54) 0-800-222-4674
The Trademark Office applies the current version of the Nice Classification.
Our professional trademark attorney in Argentina will prepare and file your trademark application in the country. Argentina is a "first to file" country. So, if you use your trademark with no registration, file it as soon as possible not to lose it.
Argentina is a member of WIPO since 1980.
Currently, Argentina is not a member of the Madrid Protocol. With about 52.700 trademark applications filed by residents, 20.000 are filed by foreign applicants, and 11.000 are filed abroad.
You can access additional information regarding IP statistics in Argentina here.
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
A separate application has to be filed for each class. No previous use is required to file a trademark application and to obtain registration.
However, if the mark has been in use and such use could be demonstrated it is advisable to indicate the date of first use at the time of filing the application.
What is registrable as a trademark?
words, names, acronyms, devices, three-dimensional forms, titles of intellectual or art works, and names of television and radio programs and any combination of the mentioned signs. separate letters, digits or colors, may not be registered as trademarks, unless contain elements such as signs, designs or names that add them distinctive character.
What will be required to file your brand in Argentina?
- Type of the applicant: individual or a company.
- Complete name of the owner.
- Full address of the owner.
- Phone number - to contact you in case if any action is required.
- Mailing address - to forward you the certificate once the trademark is registered.
- List of goods/services.
- Class or classes.
- Trademark itself.
- Power of attorney (notarised and apostilled).
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days upon receiving all the required documents. The entire registration process takes 14-18 months.
1. A formal examination (including examination regarding distinctiveness and prior similar antecedents)
2. A publication (for opposition purposes within approximately 4 to 6 months after the filing.).
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years from the date of application.
The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years provided that the trademark is in use. If the trademark is not been used as from the 5th year since the date of registration or within the last 5 years previous to a cancellation action filed by third parties, the trademark can be challenged for non-use.
The use could have been made even on products or services different from those distinguished by the trademark registration to be renewed.
Trademark Availability Search
Conduct your free trademark availability search, which targets identical trademarks here by visiting the database, containing registered and filed trademarks in Argentina.
If you require a more detailed search regarding the possibility of registration of your trademark in Argentina, request our Extensive Study to be calculated and verified by our experienced attorney.
Trademark Application Fees
The official fee for filing a trademark application is ARS 1,700.
Trademark Registration Fees
Our fees (8th of May, 2018):
- Trademark Search in one class: 99 USD
- Additional class: 79 USD
- Trademark Registration Request in one class (word mark or logo): 489 USD
- Additional class: 489 USD
- Trademark Registration Request in one class (word mark + logo): 549 USD
- Additional class:549 USD
- Registration fees in one class: 89 USD
- Additional class: 0 USD
Our fees include the official fees and the legal fees.
Intellectual Property Services
We offer the following services in Argentina:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Renewal
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us. Recommendations: Argentina Check and double-check your Power of Attorney with your account manager before sending it to our attorney. Make sure that your description corresponds with the International Nice Classification. The Trademark Office of Argentina is very strict when checking the description of trademarks.