Our professional trademark attorney in Djibouti will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. Trademarks are filed at the Djibouti Office of Copyright and Related Rights (available in French). Non-residents have filed only 213 trademarks in 2013 and the residents applied for registration of 17 brand names. This makes Djibouti one of the least popular countries for trademarking.
Djibouti is a first-to-file country.
Address of the Trademark Office
- Bâtiment la plaine
- BP. 2512
- Djibouti Ville
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters. However, in Djibouti trademark rights are barely enforceable
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Free Trademark Search in Djibouti
The Database of Trademarks in Djibouti is not available to the public. You can request a free basic search on this page and we will search for identical trademarks.
However, a more detailed search has to be requested in order to confirm that your trademark is registrable.
We will request an official trademark search at the Trademark Office of Djibouti.
Djibouti Trademark registration: Requirements
1. Name of the applicant
2. Address of the applicant
3. Description of products/services the applicant commercializes according to the NICE classification (10th edition)
4. Name of the trademark
5. Simply Signed Power of Attorney for each application at the moment of filing a trademark (a scan or the original document)
Djibouti Trademark registration: Procedure
Applications are examined only on formal grounds. The entire process takes around 10 months.
No opposition period.
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years. If a trademark is not in use for 5 consequent years it can be cancelled by an interested party.
Trademark assignment: Requirements
- A signed Power of Attorney (original)
- A legalized copy of the Deed of Assignment and the legalized translation of the Deed of Assignment (original)
A pending application can't be assigned.
Note, that the price of a registration request includes final registration fees if the fees are not listed separately above. These prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections. Please note that the charges quoted are for a straightforward application and do not include any other costs or expenses that may occur during the registration process such as responding to office action, filing appeal against rejections, counterstatements against oppositions; such charges will be reported to you prior to taking any action and will be subject to your approval
We offer the following services in Djibouti:
- Trademark Search (wordmarks only)
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal (a new Power of Attorney will be required)
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Djibouti
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.