Our professional trademark attorney in Ethiopia will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Ethiopia Trademark registration: Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
The approximate time frame for completing the registration process of a trademark in Ethiopia is about 5 to 7 months from the filing date.
Trademark registration: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days.
- The original notarized copy of the applicant’s certificate of incorporation along with its notarized English translation
- Original power of attorney legalized up to the Ethiopian consulate. POA's legalized at the Ethiopian Consulates abroad must be super-legalized at the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is included in our price.
After trademark registration
The validity of the trademark registration in Ethiopia is seven years as from the filing date of (for example, 15/06/2022). Accordingly, the example trademark will be due for renewal on 15/06/2029. Thereafter, a trademark registration is renewable for further consecutive periods of seven years each during the last year of the protection period with a grace period of three months following the expiry date.
If a mark is not used for 3 consecutive years from the date of registration it will become vulnerable to cancellation.