Our professional trademark attorney in India will prepare online and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trademark, you’ll be able to:
- Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
- Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
- Sell and license your brand
Trademark registration: Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours to guide you through the process.
Trademark registration in India: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days.
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date and can be renewed for periods of 10 years.
Note, that the price of a registration request in India includes final registration fees if the fees are not listed separately above. These prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
Trademark registration: Fees
The official trademark registration cost for standard filing in India is 10000 INR per class. This is included in our filing price.
- Trademark Search in one class: 89 USD
- Additional class: 59 USD
- Trademark Registration Request in one class: 319 USD
- Additional class: 309 USD
There is no additional official fee for certificate or publication of trademarks.
We offer the following services in India:
- Trademark Search (word marks only)
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal
- Trademark restoration
- Trademark oppositions within 4 months from the date of publication
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in India
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Trademark Renewals in India
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date.
A mark can be renewed within 12 months before the expiration of the current trademark registration.
1.2 Trademark renewal schedule
The price is 459$ for one class. The government fee is included in the price.
1.3 Trademark renewal process
Please contact us using the following form in order to request a trademark renewal. The process is rather simple, our attorney will become your representative and will pay the renewal fee.
1.4 How to apply
Documents required: We only need a signed PoA (Power of Attorney) in order to proceed with the service.
1.5 What if the deadline is missed?
A trademark can be renewed within a grace period of 6 months after the expiration date, but there will be an extra fee for this.
An expired trademark might be restored within one year from the expiration of the registration of the trademark by paying the prescribed fee. Contact us for more details.
1.6 Deadline calculation example (for educational purposes only)
- Filing date: 01.09.2019
- Registration date: 01.09.2021
- Expiration date: 01.09.2029
- The earliest date for filing a renewal: 01.09.2028
- Grace period starts and ends: 01.09.2029-01.03.2030
- Restoration possible until: 01.09.2030
Please be informed that the dates are determined to the best of our knowledge and we take no responsibility if the calculations are incorrect. We recommend that you contact us with an actual case in order to determine the renewal date with the highest accuracy possible.
India Trademark Office
Address: Boudhik Sampada Bhavan, S.M. Road, Antop Hill, Mumbai-400037
Telephone: (91 22) 241 32735