When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Macao Trademark registration: Requirements
1. Name of the applicant
2. Address of the applicant
3. Description of the products/services the applicant commercializes
4. Details of the trademark
5. Power of attorney In Macau if a trademark contains both logo and wordmark, it must be filed in two separate applications.
Trademark registration in Macau: Procedure
Your trademark will be filed at the Macau Economic Services.
1. A formal examination
2. An official search for identical or similar Trademarks
3. A publication for the purposes of opposition
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 7 years starting from the filing date. These prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
A notarized Power of attorney is required.
We offer the following services in Macau:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal
- Trademark opposition
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Macau
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.