- We recommend choosing a wordmark as your first mark. It gives the broadest scope of protection and wordmarks are rarely changed, unlike logos.
- A logo as a first mark is recommended if the mark you are trying to register is considered weak (descriptive, for example). A combined mark is a solid choice in many countries.
- But you must use your mark as it was registered at least sometimes. Therefore, a wordmark is still preferred as it remains the best value for money.
1. Trademark Registration in Norway
Our professional trademark attorney in Norway will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trade mark in Norway, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
2. Trademark in Norway: Requirements
Fill out our simple trademark application online form in just 5 minutes, and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Our attorney will file your trademark registration in Norway within 5 business days, after receiving all the required documents.
Trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date.
3. Trademark renewal
A trademark is renewable for a period of 10 years and valid from the application date.
A mark can be renewed within 12 months before the expiration of the current trademark registration.
3.1 Trademark renewal price
The price is 629$ for one class. The government fee is included in the price. There is a fee per extra class.
3.2 Trademark renewal process
Please contact us using the following form in order to request a trademark renewal. The process is rather simple, our attorney will become your representative and will pay the renewal fee.
3.3 How to apply
Documents required: We only need a signed PoA (Power of Attorney) in order to proceed with the service. Documents must be translated into Norwegian, the translation will be completed by our attorney.
3.4 How fast the process is
The trademark will be renewed within a week, usually, it takes less.
3.5 What if the deadline is missed?
A trademark can be renewed within a grace period of 6 months after the expiration date. There will be an extra fee for the renewal.
After the end of the grace period, the mark expires without any way of restoration, a new mark must be filed.
3.6 Renewal date calculations (example)
- Filing date: 01.09.2019
- Registration date: 15.08.2020
- Expiration date: 01.09.2029
- The earliest date for filing a renewal: 01.09.2028
- Grace period starts and ends: 01.09.2029-01.03.2030
Please be informed that the dates are determined to the best of our knowledge and we take no responsibility if the calculations are incorrect. We recommend that you contact us with an actual case in order to determine the renewal date with the highest accuracy possible.
4. Trademark registration Cost in Norway
These prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.