Our professional trademark attorney in Panama will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. One application may be filed for more than one class.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Panama Trademark Registration: Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process of trademark registration in Panama.
Procedure to Register a Trademark in Panama
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days, after receiving all the required documents. A power of attorney (simply signed) is required.
In Panama, the opposition period is 2 months (60 days).
Duration to Get a Trademark Registered in Panama
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date. The trademark can be renewed for periods of 10 years. The grace period in Panama is 6 months from the date of expiration of the trademark (additional fee apply)
Note, that the price of a registration request includes final registration fees. Our prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration in Panama. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following trade mark services in Panama:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal
- Trademark cancellations (a trademark can be cancelled due to non-use withing the first 5 years from the date of registration or within 5 continuous years)
- Trademark oppositions (within 60 days from the date of publication)
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Panama
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.