Our professional trademark attorney in Peru will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. Peru is a member of the Andean Pact and an owner of a trademark filed in Peru can present oppositions to any trademark filed in any country of the Pact. A trademark will be applied for at the Peruvian Trademark Office (INDECOPI). Multiclass applications are accepted in Peru.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Register a Trademark in Peru: Procedure & Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Trademark registration: Procedure
The procedure consists from a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior trademarks. It is possible to order an accelerated procedure for an extra cost.
Duration to Get a Trademark Registered in Peru
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the registration date. The trademark can be renewed for periods of 10 years
Note, that the price of a registration request in Peru includes final registration fees. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following trade mark services in Peru:
- Trademark Search (wordmark only)
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Peru
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.