Our professional trademark attorney in Uruguay will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Uruguay Trademark Registration: Procedure & Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process of trademark registration in Uruguay.
In Uruguay, a registered trademark must be in use, if any trademark is not in use for 5 consequent years and more it becomes vulnerable to cancellations.
Trademark registration in Uruguay: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days after receiving all the required documents.
A simply signed power of attorney is required to file your trademark in Uruguay. Our specialists will provide you with the model of the document.
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the registration date. The trademark can be renewed for a period 10 years.
Note, that the price of a registration request in Uruguay does not include the final registration fees. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following services in Uruguay:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark oppositions - 30 days from the date of publication
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Uruguay
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.