What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, trademark information, address or other details to help you with your experience. We collect the following information: your name, email, address, phone number, trademark information. If you leave a submission on our website we collect your geolocation (country and city), the name of your provider and IP. We might request additional details from you only if these are required to complete ordered services (a scan of your identification, position in your company, date of birth).
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you use our website, register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site. Provide us with your feedback on our products or services. We may search for information about you or your company using websearch if you contacted us by email. We collect your phone number if you call us.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, contact us, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To complete ordered services (both paid and free ones).
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To analyze statistics and behavior of our visitors using Google Analytics (the data is not personalized).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We performed a PCI compliant scan.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Bonamark accepts only card-not-present (e-commerce or mail/telephone-order) transactions. All payment acceptance and processing are entirely outsourced to PCI DSS validated third-party service providers. Our company has no direct control of the manner in which cardholder data is captured, processed, transmitted, or stored; The company does not electronically store, process, or transmit any cardholder data on our systems or premises, but relies entirely on a third party(s) to handle all these functions;
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It might affect the user's experience as your opened session on our website will not be saved.
However, you will still be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We do not use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdWords
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, VWO and Trendemon, to evaluate use of our Website and the Services. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Please note that if you use a new or different computer, install a new browser, or clear your cookies; in that case, you will need to re-opt-out through the link above.
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
• By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected]
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
B1 Business Centre
Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 2QY
+44 1888 530781
Last Edited on 2018-05-22
Any and all content provided on this Website or the Services, including links to other websites is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute advice, recommendation or support of such content or website
The terms below apply to EEA customers in addition to the terms in the rest of the Policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Bonamark Limited, B1 Business Centre, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2QY, UK, a company established in the UK. If y have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]
We process your information based on the following legal grounds:
- the processing is necessary to complete requested services
- you have given your consent to the processing of your data
Do you have to give us your details?
It's not required, you can contact us anonymously using anonymizers and other tools to hide your identity. However, due to the nature of our services, we will require your email address in order to send you the requested information. To complete our services we might need your address, name and other details named above. Those details are needed to submit your trademark to the government. Some governments require a scan of your identification documents and we will be requesting such documents from you. We will not store them on our website but will forward to the government or our attorney.
How long do we keep your details and information?
Bonamark.com retains your information for 10 years. Why 10 years? A registered trademark is valid for 10 years and we will need to notify you once your trademark is about to expire so you will renew it timely. If you have not requested trademark registration with us we will delete your information after 3 years. Trademarking projects can take a long time and we will need your details if you decide to proceed with your mark.
You can ask us to:
- Confirm whether we are processing your personal data
- Give you a copy of that data
- Provide you with other information about your personal data
- Delete all your data that we have
We will provide you with the requested details within 1-3 months.
Correcting your data
You can ask us to correct any data which is inaccurate or incomplete.
If we cannot process a request to correct your data, we will let you know and explain why.
Erasing your data
This right is sometimes referred to as “the right to be forgotten”. This is not an absolute right but you have the right to have your data erased, free of charge, in certain circumstances.
You can ask for your data to be erased where:
- it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
- we are processing your data based on your consent, and you withdraw that consent;
- you object to the processing and we do not have an overriding legitimate interest for continuing;
- your data has been unlawfully processed;
- your data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- the data was processed to offer information society services to a child.
Restricting the processing of your data
You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in some circumstances, free of charge.
Objecting to the processing of your data
You can object to the processing of your data. No fee applies.