Our professional trademark attorney in Peru will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. Peru is a member of the Andean Pact and an owner of a trademark filed in Peru can present oppositions to any trademark filed in any country of the Pact. A trademark will be applied for at the Peruvian Trademark Office (INDECOPI). Multiclass applications are accepted in Peru.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Trademark registration in Peru: Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Trademark registration: Procedure
The procedure consists from a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior trademarks. It is possible to order an accelerated procedure for an extra cost.
Peru Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the registration date. The trademark can be renewed for periods of 10 years
Note, that the price of a registration request in Peru includes final registration fees. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following services in Peru:
- Trademark Search (wordmark only)
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Peru
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.