🏢 Trademark Office in Peru
Our professional trademark attorney in Peru will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. Peru is a member of the Andean Pact and an owner of a trademark filed in Peru can present oppositions to any trademark filed in any country of the Pact. A trademark will be applied for at the Peruvian Trademark Office (INDECOPI). Multiclass applications are accepted in Peru.
When you register your trademark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
🇵🇪 Register a Trademark in Peru: Procedure & Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Trademark Registration: Procedure
The procedure consists from a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior trademarks. It is possible to order an accelerated procedure for an extra cost. The process takes 6-8 months in total.
Duration of a Trademark in Peru
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the registration date. The trademark can be renewed for periods of 10 years
Note, that the price of a registration request in Peru includes final registration fees. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
📄 Trademark Renewals in Peru
A trademark is renewable for a period of 10 years and valid from the registration date.
- A mark can be renewed within 6 months before the expiration of the current trademark registration.
- Please contact us using the following form in order to request a trademark renewal. The process is rather simple, our attorney will become your representative and will pay the renewal fee.
- Documents required: We only need a PoA (Power of Attorney) in order to proceed with the service.
Trademark renewal schedule
The price is 699$ for one class. The government fee is included in the price.
How fast the process is
The process takes approximately 1-2 weeks, and a Renewal Certificate is issued.
What if the deadline is missed?
After the expiration date a grace period of 6 months is provided to the registrant to renew the trademark without any additional fee.
After the end of the grace period the mark expires without any ways of restoration, a new mark must be filed.
📅 Renewal Deadline Calculation
- Filing date: 01.09.2019
- Registration date: 01.09.2021
- Expiration date: 01.09.2031
- The earliest date for filing a renewal: 01.03.2031
- Grace period starts and ends: 01.09.2031-01.03.2032
Please be informed that the dates are determined to the best of our knowledge and we take no responsibility if the calculations are incorrect. We recommend that you contact us with an actual case in order to determine the renewal date with the highest accuracy possible.
We offer the following trade mark services in Peru:
- Trademark Search (wordmark only) - the search in Peru is performed using the most accurate paid database. But for you the search is free! We will provide you with all the hits we find for your trademark and you can use the search for as many times as you wish.
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Peru
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.