Trademarks are like insurance.
When you truly own a registered mark you can be sure that no one will come and register it forcing you to change your brand. You can focus on developing your business in confidence.
Just imagine: after years of hard work you realise that someone applied for a similar mark and got it. This forces you to change the brand, rename the product, change your website, your Amazon Listings, your product packaging, inform all your clients that the products with your brand are no longer yours and potentially lose the ones that you won't be able to reach. Or if you have to get into all sorts of legal trouble getting the newly registered mark cancelled.
That's when it's too late to protect your brand.
1. Do not let anyone register your brand and start using it as their own. When they own the brand, they can even sue you!
2. Prevent others from destroying your well-earned reputation.
3. Create a franchise and conquer foreign markets. Selling abroad is impossible without securing a trademark there first. Otherwise, it’s like leaving the door open for trouble.
4. Bring your business to a new level and make it more respectable. Owning an ® is a sign of success! What unites all Fortune 500 companies is that they all own a number of types of Intellectual Property. Trademarks are the very foundation of their success.
5. Protect your money from patent-trolls. There are a number of companies that want to steal your mark without any intention of using it and become a nuisance right when you think that things are going the right way.
• Benefits of getting a mark. https://bonamark.com/content/benefits-trademarks-explained-1-minute
• What is a trademark? https://bonamark.com/content/trademarks-101-explained-2-minutes
• What is a study? https://bonamark.com/content/explaining-trademark-studies-1-minute
• How to get a trademark? https://bonamark.com/content/registration-process-nutshell-explained-2-…
• Why Bonamark.com is so good. https://bonamark.com/content/our-value-explained-2-minutes
Request a consultation
International Trademark Search
Check if your trademark is available for registration.
International Trademark Registration
Protecting your trademark is the most important investment you can make.
International Trademark Watch
Be informed of recently applied similar or identical trademarks.