Our professional trademark attorney in France will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trademark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Fill out our simple trademark registration application online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Trademark registration: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days after receiving all the required documents.
Trademark registration & search in EU: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years in France starting from the filing date.
Our prices include everything for a straightforward process of registration. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
The National Institute of Industrial Property serves as the intellectual property register in France. Foreigners need a local patent attorney.
The procedure's duration is 6 months. It is possible to renew trademarks that, in the opinion of the French Intellectual Property Office, are “used effectively”. The renewal is really 10 years. An application's translation into French is required.
Cost to Register
The government fee for examining a trademark in France is EUR 190. The official fee for each additional class is EUR 40. The fees are included in our listed fee.
We offer the following services in France:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal
- Trademark oppositions
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in France
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
🇫🇷Trademark Renewals in France
A trademark is renewable for a period of 10 years and valid from the filing date.
- A mark can be renewed within 12 months before the expiration of the current trademark registration.
- To renew a trademark in France we will require no additional documents. The process can be completed online, you can just provide us with the documents required.
- The renewal process in France takes approximately 1 week, and a Renewal Certificate is issued.
Trademark renewal in France price
The price is 699$ for one class. The government fee is included in the price.
Trademark renewal process
Please contact us using the following form in order to request a trademark renewal in France. The process is rather simple, our attorney will become your representative and will pay the renewal fee.
What if the deadline is missed?
After the expiration date a grace period of 6 months is provided to the registrant to renew the trademark paying an extra fee.
After the end of the grace period the mark expires without any ways of restoration, a new mark must be filed.
- Filing date: 01.09.2019
- Registration date: 01.09.2021
- Expiration date: 01.09.2029
- The earliest date for filing a renewal: 01.09.2028
- Grace period starts and ends: 01.09.2029-01.03.2030
Please be informed that the dates are determined to the best of our knowledge and we take no responsibility if the calculations are incorrect. We recommend that you contact us with an actual case in order to determine the renewal date with the highest accuracy possible.