Our professional trademark attorney in Puerto Rico will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country. Trademark registration in the US covers Puerto Rico to some degree. However, the trademark law of Puerto Rico is independent of the US; therefore, we recommend filing your trademark separately in Puerto Rico, if you use it there.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
1. Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
2. Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
3. Sell and license your brand
Registration Procedure & Requirements
The probability of a straightforward process will be higher if your trademark is registered in the US and you file exactly the same trademark in Puerto Rico.
Trademark registration: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days after receiving all the required documents.
Trademark registration: Duration
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years starting from the filing date.
The fee for a registration request does not include the final registration fees and any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
We offer the following services in Puerto Rico:
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark renewal
- Trademark oppositions within 30 days from the date of publication
- Defenses in case of oppositions or objections/office actions in Puerto Rico
- Trademark assignment
- Change of name/Change of Address
If you are interested in any of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us.