Our professional trademark attorney in Nigeria will prepare and file your trademark for registration in the country.
When you register your trade mark in Nigeria, you’ll be able to:
- Take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
- Put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
- Sell and license your brand
Trademark registration in Nigeria: Requirements
Fill out our simple online form in just 5 minutes and a Trademark Specialist will contact you within 24 hours in order to guide you through the process.
Trademark registration: Procedure
Our attorney will file your trademark within 5 business days after receiving all the required documents.
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years in Nigeria starting from the filing date.
Note, that the price of a registration request does not include final registration fees. The prices do not include any legal defenses in case of oppositions or objections.
Trademark Application Cost in Nigeria
The official fee for filing a trademark application in Nigeria is NGN 15,000 in paper and NGN 16,551 online. The official fee for issuance the certificate is NGN 10,000 when filing manual and NGN 11,551 when filing online.
Trademark Assignment in Nigeria
Requirements to transfer (assign) a trademark in Nigeria:
1. The trademark information and details as filed or registered.
2. A simply signed power of attorney (it need not be notarized nor legalized). An electronic copy will suffice for the application.
3. A simply signed deed of assignment between the assignor and assignee. (It need not be legalized or notarized). Also, an electronic copy will suffice for the application.
Price: US$500 for the first mark, US$400 for each mark assigned simultaneously.
An assignment can be completed before a mark is registered.
Nigeria Trademark Office
Address: Block D, Old secretariat, Area 1 Garki, Abuja
Telephone: (234) 809 219 4426/16/04